
I'm noticing that life is a lot about timing and sometimes it's not always the timing you'd prefer. Consider the following things...
1. Our 2.5 year struggle to get pregnant with no success.
2. Our adoption of Grady in about 3 months!
3. Mark's business taking off when we have an infant at home.
4. A new boat that we committed to before we knew about Grady and now we have to pay for!
I'm convinced that God is testing my faith through all of these challenges. It's definitely working toward the positive side though. My friends and family are a huge help too in keeping me on the right path. An interesting story that I've shared with some...
The very day I got the call that we had been picked by birthparents (July 21st), I had what turned out to be my last acupuncture session. With a not very encouraging outlook regarding this acupuncture helping me to get pregnant (thanks anyway Rachel!), I laid on that table stuck with needles and prayed to God to show me some sort of path that I was supposed to take to become a mom. Just show me something!
Upon checking my voicemail when I left acupuncture, it was the agency calling to tell us we were getting a baby! And if I had never truly believed that God answers prayers before, THAT made me a believer.
Just a side note story that some may appreciate.
Well, we are starting to get a handle on things again, now that I've completed 3 weeks of being back to work. Just in time for me to make a business trip to TX next week! But Grammy and Papa are moving in while I'm gone to help Dad out! (whew!) I will really miss my boy. But right now, I really miss my husband. I have no idea how people say 'Oh just adopt and then you'll get pregnant'. We hardly ever see each other enough to even plant a kiss! I guess part of that is Mark's business kicking in full gear (like we don't have enough on our plates!). But I'm happy for him. I hope it really goes because I know he's going to be great at it and really love it. Now, the bigger question...will he ever make any decent money at it?? For those reading who haven't heard what he's doing...he and another guy who works for the county Sheriff's Dept. are starting a business to provide law enforcement training to parks departments. Seems lots of parks guys (like the National Park Service) are lacking in their skills in that arena and the opportunities for training are quite slim. They are also expanding into providing security detail training for companies like resort hotels and such. He's working really hard to put this all together. I'm so proud of him! But...it feels like I'm left holding the bag full of everything else. Again, God's test. But I know I just need to have faith. He will carry us through this too.
On to the boy! He's somewhere over 9 lbs now! He sure has had some grumpy growing days lately. It's good we named him with a G because some days it stands for Grumpy--emphasis on the capital G. He's still awfully cute though. He gets a visit from his Aunt Amy and Aunt Stephanie next weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. Amy says "I'd like the bedroom farthest away from the crying!" Ha Ha! No place in our house is safe--unless you're Mark and can sleep through a freight train.
1 comment:
Y'all are BUSY! I couldn't believe how big he was at Bunco. Growing boy...
Post a Comment