
Baby Grady made his debut on September 9th! Sorry it's taken me so long to get this info on the blog. It's so amazing to me how quickly the days go by now that I'm a mom and yet how very little I accomplish each day. We are adjusting to parenthood and all the joys and weird sleep schedules it brings. Still trying to figure out what the best way is to deal with getting up every 2.5-3 hours to feed the machine. Luckily though, the machine really only wants his diaper changed and food during the night. He's typically not awake for any stretch so that's good.
His birth was INCREDIBLE! At first I was so nervous about how weird it would be--to watch someone else give birth to your child--and it was. Somebody asked me if we videotaped it. Please...like I need a forever image of someone else's vagina! But Grady came out perfect. Mark cut the umbilical cord and cleaned him off and I've never seen a prouder Dad. Actually Mark has taken to Daddyhood like nothing I could have ever guessed. It was disarming at first, how very much he doted over Grady and would not want to give him up. He has become a far better diaper changer than Mom. But I probably shouldn't mention the time he had nothing to cover little Grady's schmecky while running upstairs for the wipes, mid-diaper change, and Grady peed the whole way up the steps! :)
The dogs have been pretty good with the adjustment. Most of the time they really don't care about the baby. If Grady happens to get close to their level, they just want to kiss him. Cooper is especially interested in Grady's poopy diapers (thank God for the Diaper Genie!)--we completely expected this.
So far, so good. Mark goes back to work tomorrow so it will be me and the G-Man all day alone. I have a feeling Grammy is going to stop by to check in on how we're doing. Perhaps I could get her to babysit for 40 minutes while I take a much needed long run!
2 comments:
Grady is so handsome! Congratulations on the new addition!!
Aunt Amy cannot wait to meet her new nephew! He looks like he may just be the next Notre Dame quarterback!!
Post a Comment