I can't believe it, my boy is crawling. I waited and waited for the day when he would achieve this monumental developmental stage. But now that it's here, I want everything to slow down...maybe even stop, at least for awhile. He's growing up too fast! But then again, I'm secretly so proud.
The dogs have another opinion about this milestone. I'm pretty sure this is the moment they hoped would never come. On his first day of successful crawling, Grady managed to crawl back and forth across the room between the two dogs and try to take their bones away. At one point, I watched Cooper and Grady duke it out over a Nylabone. Grady took it, Cooper took it back, Grady took it again, Cooper took it back. Luckily that dog loves that little boy so I was never worried things would turn ugly. Cooper looked more annoyed than anything, as if to say...'Quit it!' Laramie put up with less before just getting up and completely walking away. She must realize Grady is not that quick at the crawling thing.
I have a feeling they are going to wish they could open and close baby gates soon to be able to completely get away from G.
Speaking of baby gates, I realized I am completely unprepared for 'Mobile Grady'. Yes, we have latches on our bottom kitchen cabinets. But we don't have gates, nor do I have any idea where we plan to put them. Think quickly, right?
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations to Grady and his proud mommy!
Way to go Grady!!
Hooray Grady!!! So sorry Laramie :(
Post a Comment